SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Proxy Statement Pursuant to Section 14(a) of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934
(Amendment No. )
Filed by the Registrant x Filed by a Party other than the Registrant ¨
Check the appropriate box:
|¨||Preliminary Proxy Statement|
|¨||Confidential, for Use of the Commission Only (as permitted by Rule 14a-6(e)(2))|
|¨||Definitive Proxy Statement|
|x||Definitive Additional Materials|
|¨||Soliciting Material Pursuant to §240.14a-12|
AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
(Name of Registrant as Specified In Its Charter)
(Name of Person(s) Filing Proxy Statement, if other than the Registrant)
Payment of Filing Fee (Check the appropriate box):
|x||No fee required.|
|¨||Fee computed on table below per Exchange Act Rules 14a-6(i)(1) and 0-11.|
Title of each class of securities to which transaction applies:
Aggregate number of securities to which transaction applies:
Per unit price or other underlying value of transaction computed pursuant to Exchange Act Rule 0-11 (set forth the amount on which the filing fee is calculated and state how it was determined):
Proposed maximum aggregate value of transaction:
Total fee paid:
|¨||Fee paid previously with preliminary materials.|
|¨||Check box if any part of the fee is offset as provided by Exchange Act Rule 0-11(a)(2) and identify the filing for which the offsetting fee was paid previously. Identify the previous filing by registration statement number, or the Form or Schedule and the date of its filing.|
Amount Previously Paid:
Form, Schedule or Registration Statement No.:
*** Exercise Your Right to Vote ***
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for the Shareholder Meeting to Be Held on April 9, 2014.
AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Meeting Type: Annual General Meeting
For holders as of: February 11, 2014
Date: April 9, 2014 Time: 11:00 AM PACIFIC TIME
Location: Avago Technologies U.S. Inc.
350 West Trimble Road
San Jose, CA 95131
You are receiving this communication because you hold shares in the company named above.
This is not a ballot. You cannot use this notice to vote these shares. This communication presents only an overview of the more complete proxy materials that are available to you on the Internet. You may view the proxy materials online at www.proxyvote.com or easily request a paper copy (see reverse side).
We encourage you to access and review all of the important information contained in the proxy materials before voting.
See the reverse side of this notice to obtain proxy materials and voting instructions.
- Before You Vote -
How to Access the Proxy Materials
Proxy Materials Available to VIEW or RECEIVE:
NOTICE AND PROXY STATEMENT ANNUAL REPORT
How to View Online:
Have the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow XXXX XXXX XXXX (located on the following page) and visit: www.proxyvote.com.
How to Request and Receive a PAPER or E-MAIL Copy:
If you want to receive a paper or e-mail copy of these documents, you must request one. There is NO charge for requesting a copy. Please choose one of the following methods to make your request:
1) BY INTERNET: www.proxyvote.com
2) BY TELEPHONE: 1-800-579-1639
3) BY E-MAIL*: email@example.com
* If requesting materials by e-mail, please send a blank e-mail with the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow XXXX XXXX XXXX (located on the following page) in the subject line.
Requests, instructions and other inquiries sent to this e-mail address will NOT be forwarded to your investment advisor. Please make the request as instructed above on or before March 26, 2014 to facilitate timely delivery.
- How To Vote -
Please Choose One of the Following Voting Methods
Vote In Person: If you choose to vote these shares in person at the meeting, you must request a legal proxy. To do so, please follow the instructions at www.proxyvote.com or request a paper copy of the materials, which will contain the appropriate instructions. Many shareholder meetings have attendance requirements including, but not limited to, the possession of an attendance ticket issued by the entity holding the meeting. Please check the meeting materials for any special requirements for meeting attendance.
Vote By Internet: To vote now by Internet, go to www.proxyvote.com. Have the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow XXXX XXXX XXXX (located on the following page) available and follow the instructions. Vote By Mail: You can vote by mail by requesting a paper copy of the materials, which will include a voting instruction form.
The Board of Directors recommends you vote FOR the following proposals:
1. Election of Directors
1a. Mr. Hock E. Tan
1b. Mr. John T. Dickson
1c. Mr. James V. Diller
1d. Mr. Lewis C. Eggebrecht
1e. Mr. Bruno Guilmart
1f. Mr. Kenneth Y. Hao
1g. Ms. Justine F. Lien
1h. Mr. Donald Macleod
1i. Mr. Peter J. Marks
2. To approve the re-appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Avagos independent registered public accounting firm and independent Singapore auditor for the fiscal year ending November 2, 2014, and to authorize the Audit Committee to fix its remuneration.
3. To approve the cash compensation for Avagos non-employee directors for services rendered by them through the date of Avagos 2015 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders and for each approximately 12-month period thereafter, as set forth in Avagos notice of, and proxy statement relating to, its 2014 Annual General Meeting.
4. NON-BINDING, ADVISORY VOTE: To approve the compensation of Avagos named executive officers, as disclosed pursuant to Item 402 of Regulation S-K, set forth in Compensation Discussion and Analysis and in the compensation tables and the accompanying narrative disclosure under Executive Compensation in Avagos proxy statement relating to its 2014 Annual General Meeting.
5. To approve the general authorization for the directors of Avago to allot and issue ordinary shares, as set forth in Avagos notice of, and proxy statement relating to, its 2014 Annual General Meeting.
6. To approve the Share Purchase Mandate authorizing the purchase or acquisition by Avago of its own issued ordinary shares, as set forth in Avagos notice of, and proxy statement relating to, its 2014 Annual General Meeting.
7. To approve the adoption of the Avago Technologies Limited Executive Cash and Equity Incentive Award Plan and its administration and implementation by the Compensation Committee, as set forth in Avagos notice of, and proxy statement relating to, its 2014 Annual General Meeting.
8. To approve the Severance Benefit Agreement between Avago and Hock E. Tan, President and Chief Executive Officer and a director, and the benefits that may be provided to Mr. Tan thereunder, as set forth in Avagos notice of, and proxy statement relating to, its 2014 Annual General Meeting.
NOTE: In their discretion the Proxies (as defined in the proxy statement) are authorized to vote on such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement of the meeting.
NOTE: YOUR INSTRUCTIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:00 AM PACIFIC TIME ON APRIL 7, 2014.