Information on the brand new Honda HR-V is here and it's fully redesigned for 2023. Receiving upgrades across the board, the 2023 HR-V features a more powerful 2.0L engine that outputs 158 Horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque (+17 HP and +11 Torque more powerful than the previous engine). This year’s HR-V is also bigger than previous versions, offering more roominess for passengers and extra cargo capacity for any storage needs. In particular, rear leg room has been increased to make the backseats more comfortable regardless of who’s sitting back there. The HR-V also received a large number of tech and interior upgrades, with cutting-edge Honda Sensing technology like the incredibly useful Traffic Jam Assist. Here is everything you need to know about the 2023 HR-V.
Pricing and Fuel Efficiency
|Trim||MSRP *Destination fee included*||Fuel Efficiency (L/100 KM) City/HWY/Combined|
|LX (FWD)||$30,680||9.1 / 7.4 / 8.3|
|LX (AWD)||$32,890||9.4 / 7.8 / 8.7|
|Sport (AWD)||$35,880||9.4 / 7.8 / 8.7|
|EX-L Navi (AWD)||$39,080||9.4 / 7.8 / 8.7|
New Exterior Styling
The HR-V received a full exterior revamp in 2023, making the HR-V look more sporty and modern, while still offering a unique look for each trim level offered.
- HR-V LX is highlighted by a matte-finish on its honeycomb-style grille and the lower section of its front and rear bumpers. Large 17-inch alloy silver-painted wheels are standard.
- HR-V Sport gets an even more aggressive horizontal-themed grille mesh, a gloss-black rear spoiler, and a chrome exhaust finisher. The lower portion of the rear bumper is painted gunmetal metallic. HR-V Sport will come equipped with 17-inch Shark Gray-painted alloy wheels as standard.
- For a distinctly upscale character, the HR-V EX-L Navi features a unique gloss-black version of the honeycomb grille, gloss black door pillars, and gloss black trim on the front and rear bumpers. EX-L Navi also rides on 17-inch alloy wheels, painted Shark Gray with an exclusive machined finish.
Safety Technology & Convenience
Honda has added numerous safety upgrades to the 2023 HR-V, receiving new features that Honda recently introduced on the Honda Civic. Here are some of the most important safety features that the HR-V offers:
- Traffic Jam Assist - (TJA) works in conjunction with Lane keep assist, providing light steering assist all the way to a complete stop if needed. Operating at speeds below 70 km/h, TJA helps the driver maintain lane position when travelling at slower speeds, such as might be experienced in congested traffic conditions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control - (ACC) allows the driver to set a desired speed and following interval behind a vehicle detected ahead, allowing the use of cruise control in light highway traffic conditions. This significantly reduces the stress of driving in traffic.
- Low-Speed Follow - (LSF) extends the automatic following capability of ACC to stop-and-go traffic situations (down to 0 km/h).
- Lane Keeping Assist System - (LKAS) provides a less stressful driving experience by reducing steering correction movements and driving effort on the highway. LKAS uses a camera to read lane markings and uses the electric power steering to assist the driver in keeping in the middle of the lane.
When it comes to convenience technology, the 2023 HR-V features a digital instrument display while gaining a notably larger 7-inch standard touchscreen featuring standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. The HR-V EX-L Navi comes with a large 9-inch colour touchscreen with Navigation and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, plus a wireless phone charging pad and an upgraded audio system with eight speakers for crisp, clear sound quality. The new touchscreen features a physical volume knob, large, easy-to-recognize icons, and a simplified navigation structure with fewer embedded menus. On the left are hard buttons for Home and Back functions. Other mode selections are at the bottom of the touchscreen, with a 20 mm finger rest making it easier to use the touchscreen by providing a stable surface to rest your hand.
Want to be the first person to test drive the all-new 2023 Honda HR-V? Sign up for our test drive list to be notified when the HR-V arrives at our dealership later this month.