N/ine.is a tiny off-grid cottage that’s home to the world’s first kitchen made from a repurposed Airline Galley Unit
Westhill, Aberdeenshire May 30, 2022 (Issuewire.com) - The Style Academy in Scotland open N/ine. its latest project.
Boeing 737 Galley Lands in Kitchen in Banff, Scotland
N/ine. is a tiny off-grid cottage that's home to the world's first kitchen made from a repurposed Airline Galley Unit
Needing a kitchen set up during lockdown for his cottage in the coastal town of Banff, Mellon, 53, came across a 737 Jetliner Galley on eBay for just £149. Mellon then spent six months on eBay sourcing all the kit he needed to complete the cleverly-designed Galley, which cost £3k.
As a Private Chef, Mellon designed the kitchen to be fully functional and fun to use, including the addition of several custom-made stainless steel pieces and a 2nd hand commercial gas stove.
Some of the property's incredible features include
- Repurposed 737 interior cabin windows and upcycled British Airways carts that are 40+ years old
- Atlas boxes have been engineered for clever storage. Up to 1,000 items can be stored in the kitchen with easy access
- Video screens behind cabin windows with footage showing landings at some of Mellon's favourite airports
- A stylish spiral staircase leading to a sleeper loft and cosy reading area
- Guests arrive to a fully stocked kitchen and enjoy daily housekeeping
- Private outdoor space with a vegetable garden and views of the sea from the front of the cottage
- Japanese Shoji screens open up to make the space completely open plan
- 40 metres of locally produced cashmere used in the soft furnishings
- A locally made wooden bathtub will soon be added to the open plan bathroom
N/ine. is completely off-grid, with just two solar panels providing enough electricity to power everything inside the 280 square foot property. Additional solar panels and battery storage will also be installed in late 2022 for the short winter days.
Mellon's idea for the world's first 737 kitchen came from his love of travel. He flew around the world in 8 days in 2017 on a search for global food and drink innovation and has flown an average of 100,000 miles every single year for the past 25 years.
The 737 kitchen inside N/ine. Banff has American Airlines' classic bare metal Eagle livery, carried on the fleet from 1968 (the year of Mellon's birth) to 2013.
The property sleeps up to 4 people and will be available for luxury overnight stays and short breaks from autumn 2022
Further information can be found at www.the-style-academy.com
More images can be found here by using the password 9
53-year-old Andrew Mellon is a Private Chef and has lived worldwide, from stately homes in Britain to the Hollywood Hills. He cooks across the world for 20 weeks every year, and when he's cooking on location, N/ine. Banff is available for private rental.
9 Gallowhill Street
Source :The Style Academy Scotland
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.