Energy drinks have always dominated the functional beverage market, but as consumers seek out healthier and safer options, yerba maté has emerged as a major contender. Yerba maté is a caffeinated tea made from the leaves of a plant found in the South American rainforest that provides a natural source of energy and antioxidants.
The drink has been widely consumed across South America for hundreds of years and although it was introduced in 1900 in the US, the drink has only gained popularity in recent years. Now, the North America yerba mate market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2022 to 2029.
In 2021, the Coca-Cola Company’s Honest Tea launched a line of yerba maté drinks, while Perrier created its “Energize” line featuring yerba maté. The industry has also seen California-based organic beverage company Guayaki Yerba Maté take off. Guayaki brought on former Red Bull CEO Stefan Kozak to lead the company in 2021 and generated over $100 million in sales that same year. The company, which has already garnered over $100 million in previous venture-backed funding rounds, just raised $75 million in a funding round as per a January SEC filing offering $143 million in shares, with about $68 million remaining.
Guayakí is not the only player in the yerba maté space. GURU Organic Energy, which was founded back in 1999, is a Canadian organic energy drink brand that includes yerba maté. GURU just reported its full-year 2022 financial results, ending the year in a strong financial position with over $56 million in cash and cash equivalents, short-term investments and unused credit facilities, reflecting prudent balance sheet management.
Another company that is making waves in the space is Yerbaé Brands Corp. (TSXV:YERB.U). Yerbaé, which was founded in 2017 by former Monster Energy executive Todd Gibson and Karrie Gibson, a Recycling industry pioneer, just entered the public markets on February 13 following a business combination with Kona Bay Technologies. The company has garnered over $23 million in lifetime sales through 6/30/2022. The company just announced that its January 2023 sales grew by 227% compared to January 2022.
Yerbaé Brands has continued to increase its brand presence and is now available at 10,000 locations including major retailers like Costco, Sprouts Farmers Market, Safeway, Acme, Albertsons, Shaws, Jewel, Stop N Shop, Winco, and many more.
The company has also made several significant marketing investments to reach new consumers and retain existing customers, introducing the brand to CrossFit community and signing Annie Thorisdottir, the first woman to win the CrossFit Games twice and retaining NYSE-listed Vistar as its distribution partner and investor. Vistar is an industry leading vending and pantry service provider which has used its relations with major pantry outlets in office retailers, schools, and vending to introduce Yerbaé products to consumers in the workplace.
Yerbaé Brands has been recognized for its commitment to sustainability, which aligns with the values of many consumers, who are increasingly seeking out environmentally friendly products. The company uses 100% recyclable aluminum cans and has donated over 100,000 meals to Feeding America and supports individuals with intellectual & physical disabilities in fitness.
Featured Image @ Yerbaé
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Yerbaé Brands Corp. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) sixty nine thousand four hundred and eighty USD for 16 days (12 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Yerbaé Brands Corp. intends to offer; (e) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Yerbaé Brands Corp. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business operations (e) Yerbaé Brands Corp. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Yerbaé Brands Corp. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Yerbaé Brands Corp. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Yerbaé Brands Corp. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Yerbaé Brands Corp. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Yerbaé Brands Corp. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Yerbaé Brands Corp. or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed