Robot dogs are nothing new, but they are becoming increasingly more advanced. The latest mechanical dog from Ghost Robotics takes the technology a step further by letting soldiers use telepathy to control them. The Australian Army is using high-tech biosensor headsets to control the movements of these advanced robodogs with their minds in order to keep hands free for weapons. Meanwhile, police forces in the US, Singapore, and South Korea are rolling out various robotic police to help with things like bomb disposal, search and rescue, and crowd control. South Korea, for example, began incorporating these artificial animals into its police force in 2018. They have cameras and sensors to identify suspicious behavior. With the latest discovery by the Australian military, it is apparent that the potential of robotics and artificial intelligence are only expanding. Several companies, including Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP), Leidos Holdings (NYSE:LDOS), Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT), L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX), and KratosDefense and Security Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) are developing robots to enhance security measures in the US and beyond.
Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP), a leading manufacturer of blue light emergency communication systems and autonomous security robots (ASRs), has continued to install its cutting-edge security technology in educational institutions, healthcare facilities, amusement parks, office buildings, and local governments across the nation.
The company has completed nearly 40 new sales since the start of the year and renewed seven ASR subscription contracts, including three in the first week of April. Additionally, the business has kept on getting fresh purchase orders from its resellers.
On April 13, Knightscope announced that the New York Police Department (NYPD) has signed a pilot contract for K5 robots to begin patrolling this summer at
a Manhattan subway station.
Knightscope’s technology has already been successfully deployed by other police departments, including a Los Angeles County in California agency that has praised the company for reducing crime in a popular public park.
“Technology is here, and we cannot be afraid of it,” said Mayor Adams. “We are scanning the globe on finding technology that will ensure this city is safe for New Yorkers, visitors, and whomever is here. If we were not willing to move forward and use technology on how to properly keep cities safe, then you will not keep up with those who are doing harmful things to hurt New Yorkers.”
“As a native New Yorker (born in Queens!), this is a particularly proud and emotional day for me,” said Knightscope CEO William Santana Li. “From the day of that terrible attack on our city some two decades ago, I dedicated my life to better securing our country. To be trusted with the incredible responsibility of helping my hometown is truly a dream come true.”
Knightscope also recently received three new orders for its K1 emergency communication systems and deploying another K5 ASR at an Ohio healthcare facility.
One K1 BLT was ordered by VIA Metro Transit of San Antonio, Texas, and six K1 Retrofit Kits will be purchased by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University through TS&L, a Knightscope Authorized Partner in Florida. In New Mexico, the public tribal land-grant community college bought 8 K1 Blue Light Towers with solar power and public speaker systems.
Along with these recent contracts, an existing healthcare client with headquarters in Ohio deployed a K5 ASR at a second location to add an extra layer of perimeter security in the parking lot surrounding its facility. This client is a pharmaceutical firm that offers performance and data solutions for the healthcare industry in addition to being a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory equipment.
Three days earlier, Knightscope announced that Mount San Antonio College had purchased 11 K1 Blue Light Towers, 7 K1 Emergency Phones, and a 1-year full service maintenance plan to improve its emergency communications and, as a result, its ability to secure critical help when needed.
The Denver International Airport Annual also signed a contract for the installation of 40 K1 Call Boxes along the major road going to and from the airport as well as other sites on airport property, coupled with a monitoring and wireless service plan from Knightscope.
For more information about Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP), click here.
Recent Developments Among Defense Companies
On March 31, Leidos Holdings (NYSE:LDOS) announced that Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) delivered the MHS GENESIS electronic health record to 14,000 clinicians and providers as part of its most recent double wave deployment (Waves WALTER REED/FT. BELVOIR), which covers nine parent Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. Since 2015, LPDH has managed and assisted PEO DHMS in designing and building MHS GENESIS, the Military Health System’s new electronic health record. Over 2,700 MHS GENESIS stations serve 6.6 million Department of Defense (DOD) beneficiaries, with 81% deployed to garrison DOD facilities. MHS GENESIS is being implemented in 23 waves across the continental US and abroad, targeting different regions. This strategy lets the DOD maximize efficiency by using learning from prior waves.
Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT) has demonstrated analytics-driven maintenance capabilities compatible with the Department of Defense’s 5G flight-line ecosystem, a key step towards providing service members with real-time, actionable information to improve aircraft readiness and reduce costs. US Army and Air Force officials saw how 5G connectivity and advanced analytics may save aircraft maintenance with the Network-enabled Analytics for Readiness 5G initiative (NeAR). OUSD(R&E)’s FutureG initiative includes NeAR. After landing, the NeAR program provides maintainers and technical personnel with flight data, AI-driven predictive maintenance, and sensor-data analyses. Lockheed Martin gave military personnel on the flight line similar capabilities via portable devices, enabling faster decision-making.
L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX) has completed the sale of NV5 Global Inc.’s Visual Information Solutions (VIS) division. VIS is a global provider of commercial geospatial software, technology, and services for extracting and analyzing trustworthy, precise, and actionable information from geospatial to terrestrial imagery. The divestment is in line with L3Harris‘ overall strategy of portfolio optimisation and aligning long-term innovation investments for national security goals and whole-of-government, multi-domain solutions.
KratosDefense and Security Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) just announced the release of its OpenEdgeTM 2500 digitizer for satellite antenna builders today. The small digitizer successfully translates radio frequency (RF) signals into IP data streams for current software-defined communications networks when incorporated into any antenna. The OpenEdge 2500 digitizes practically any parabolic, electronically steerable, or flat panel antenna natively. Digitization occurs in a separate network component at the gateway, remote user terminal, or somewhere in between. Digitizing within the antenna is better for accuracy and transport efficiency.
Knightscope celebrated its 10th anniversary on April 4th. The Company is renewing its commitment to making the United States the safest country in the world by assisting in the protection of places where people live, work, study, and visit.
Featured Image Depositphotos @ VadimVasenin
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) three hundred and four thousand USD for 90 days (63 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed